Sunday, December 28, 2008

A new and not-so-nice use for Jello

I dunno... We live in a very bizarre world these days.

A researcher at Montana State University says Jell-O, ultrasound, microwaves and electroshocking are among possible solutions to eliminate lake trout in Yellowstone National Park. Lake trout were introduced illegally into the park and threaten native cutthroat trout in Yellowstone Lake.

I'm wondering and let me state for the record that I'm not a fisher-person, why the two types of trout can't co-exist? Once again through human intervention and most likely because some people with a taste for lake trout thought it would be a good idea to introduce another specie here, we have a situation that should not have been created.

Also, I wonder how Jello feels about the negative image that its product could be used to eliminate a living specie.

Read the whole piece here: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/081225/koddities/oddity_lake_trout_jell_o

No comments: