Monday, June 04, 2007

PARIS HILTON BEHIND BARS...WELL...YEAH...KIND'A

So y'see...Paris Hilton, she of the girls-just-wanna-have-fun Hilton heiress, is in jail...in a manner of speaking. She showed up at a Los Angeles Country jail for a three week visit...that is to say, jail sentence for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case.

Although she was sentenced to 45 days behind bars, Paris is expected to serve only 23 days due to a state law requiring shorter sentences for good behavior.

Say what?

Good behavior? She violated probation on an alcohol related reckless driving charge and gets rewarded?

She is quoted as commenting: "I am trying to be strong right now," she told reporters on the red carpet. "I'm ready to face my sentence. Even though this is a really hard time, I have my family, my friends and my fans to support me, and that's really helpful."

"I'm really scared but I'm ready to do this," she added. "And I hope that I'm an example to other young people."

Again - say what?

The young heiress with lots of $$$ gets a reduced sentence and she wants to set and example?Her cell is located in a "special needs" unit separate from most of the 2,200 inmates. Why should we not be surprised? The unit contains 12 two-person cells reserved for police officers, public officials, celebrities and other high-profile inmates. She could have a cellmate. As is the case with other inmates in the unit, Paris will eat in her cell (no mention of the menu btw) and be allowed outside for at least an hour each day to shower, watch TV in the day room, participate in outdoor recreation or talk on the telephone. No cell phones or BlackBerrys are permitted in the facility, even for visitors.

Read about Paris in jail here: http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=a0e110df-179e-480b-beed-7860c4132755

Comments anyone? Is Paris receiving priveleges not offered to "normals"?


Writers & Friends
www.jrslater.com/forum

No comments: