Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Psssssst - I'm following an escaped snake

First and foremost let me state for the record that I am not - repeat - not a snake lover. In fact, I'm not even a snake liker and would go out of my way to avoid any type of confrontation. Be that as it may, I'm following a snake and a deadly species to boot, without any fear or trepidation.

Last Saturday, an Egyptian cobra escaped from her/his (no indication of its sex supplied) home in the reptile house of the Bronx Zoo. Of course this made headlines everywhere because an escaped cobra is a dangerous cobra. As expected the reptile house is closed until further notice and there is a watch out for any signs of the escapee. Personally? I wouldn't try to find him or her.

As a Twitter-er - at least that's what I call myself - I enjoy reading tweet updates supplied by people. You know - the usual i.e. what they're doing at any given moment, what restaurant they're eating at...normal stuff. However, yesterday and much to my surprise, there were tweet updates supplied by none other than the Bronx Zoo Cobra! Seems the snake is literally and figuratively out on the town, visiting all the New York sites. I mean, how often would a cobra get to visit New York? I would safely guess, never.

For example, yesterday the cobra tweeted and shared: "On top of the Empire State Building! All the people look like little mice down there. Delicious little mice." Most likely he/she meant 'delicious little mice' not in the visually cute sense but as... You get where I'm going.

These tweets are very entertaining and witty so I decided to follow Mr. or Ms Bronx Zoo Cobra. An hour ago, cobra warned, "Getting my morning coffee at the Mudtruck. Don't even talk to me until I've had my morning coffee. Seriously, don't. I'm venomous." I believe her/him. In fact I even tweeted back: "What are the chances you'll be heading to Canada? Just want to be prepared." Really I do. A person can't be too prepared where escaped cobras are concerned.

http://twitter.com/#!/BronxZoosCobra

No comments: